Monday 13 October 2014

Practice Essay (to be completed)

June 2013 
Explain how your skills in the creative use of digital technology developed over time. Refer to a range of examples from your media productions in your answer

Throughout A-level media I have developed my skills in the creative use of digital technology through the use of programs such as Blogger, PicMonkey, YouTube, digital cameras, mobiles phones, editing softwares such as iMovie and Final Cut Express as well as many others. All these programs have been essential to me in the making of my film opening at AS and my music video at A2, as well as the production of my foundation and advanced portfolios.

During AS, Blogger played a big role in allowing me to display my research creatively in a way that is easily accessible and organised. I used blogger to store all my research and evaluations as well as keeping it up to date whilst my film opening was being made, therefore it was essential that my work was displayed on my blog in a creative and accessible way, to ensure the viewer stayed interested in my productions. These skills have continued to be useful throughout the A2 course, in which I have kept my blog constantly up to date, to ensure that every aspect of my research and planning, production and evaluation had been stored.

My introduction to Apples Macs at AS was challenging as I was using an advanced software that is different to what I was used to. By the end of the A2 course I was able to use shortcuts and use the Macs quickly and efficiently. I also found using apple softwares such as iMovie and Final Cut Express difficult at the start of the AS course however by the end of it I was confidently using iMovie, although I did not use Final Cut Express throughout the making of my film opening as I found it incredibly complex. However, by the end of the A2 course I was capable of using Final Cut Express to edit my music video with precision to create professional looking final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment